Mayor’s Guajardo’s Merriest Downtown Décor Contest Sponsored by NEC Co-op Energy
The Downtown Management District is committed to ensuring Downtown Corpus Christi is a premier holiday destination for family and friends throughout the 2021 holiday season. Each year, businesses located in Downtown Corpus Christi take on the battle of installing the best holiday décor in hopes of winning a title in the Mayor’s Merriest Downtown Décor Contest, sponsored by NEC Co-Op Energy.
During the competition, businesses decorate their establishment in anticipation of judging from the Judges panel and the local community for the opportunity to win a title and a chance to collect a cash prize!
- Registration opens online on Monday, August 16th.
- Registration closes Monday, November 12th.
- Decorations must be displayed by Thursday, December 2nd by 5:00 pm.
- Judging will take place on Thursday, December 2nd.
- Trophies will be awarded at the first City Council meeting in 2022.
- All participants must submit a registration form.
- Decoration must include the exterior of the building except for storefront windows that are viewable from the sidewalk.
- Participants in the Best Window Paint category must incorporate lights into the display. The display should be visible from the street at night.
- Businesses must keep their decorations up and lights on beginning December 2nd through January 1st to be eligible.
- Lights should be turned on no later than 5 pm every evening.
- Participants can only win one cash prize.
Holiday Champion, Best Use of Lights, Best Big Building, Best Window Display, Best Window Paint, and People’s Choice
- Holiday Champion – Best Overall – $500
- Best Use of Lights
- Best Big Building
- Best Window Display
- Best Window Paint
- People’s Choice Exterior – $700
- People’s Choice Interior – $500
- People’s Choice Exterior Champion – $700
- People’s Choice Interior Champion- $500
- Holiday Champion – $500
*Participants can only win one cash prize.
Registration is now closed!