An Urban Coastal Lifestyle That’s All Ways Evolving.
Downtown Corpus Christi offers something you won’t find anywhere else in Texas. It’s the mix of the charm of a seaside village and the amenities of a big city. The picturesque marina sits perched in front of a beautiful skyline dotted with high rise office buildings and hotels. Reimagined urban living spaces and lofts are beginning to inhabit historic buildings bringing new life to the city’s original neighborhood. This is where city meets shore and it offers a unique vibe you can’t help but be drawn to. See why more people than ever are flocking to Downtown Corpus Christi reenergizing the cultural core of the city.
Designated A Texas Cultural District.
The Texas Commission on the Arts designates special zones in cities across Texas that harness the power of cultural resources to stimulate economic development and community revitalization. These Cultural Districts are focal points for generating businesses, attracting tourists, stimulating cultural development and fostering civic pride.
On September 6th, 2017, The Texas Commission on the Arts designated Downtown Corpus Christi a Texas Cultural District. The Commission recognized that Downtown Corpus Christi is the heartbeat of the City’s art, culture, music and culinary scene and is anchored by a rich collection of cultural, art, entertainment and recreational venues and hotels that attract visitors and residents alike. In addition, the Downtown includes a number of unique, pedestrian-friendly neighborhoods that are a short walk or 5-minute drive from each other including:
- Water’s Edge (Bayshore Park)
- Marina Arts District
- SEA District
- North Beach
Downtown Corpus Christi is also anchored by a critical mass of beaches, parks, public art installations and a marina. It is the heartbeat of the city’s art, culture, music and culinary scene including:
- Arts/cultural venues attracting more than 2 million residents and visitors to the district annually
- a Texas Main Street program
- More than 50 restaurants, bars and live music venues.
- Cultural, Sports Events and Festivals attracting more than 525,000 people to the District annually
- 2,250 hotel rooms within walking distance, or 5-minute drive to many cultural and entertainment attractions and Bayfront activities.
- Easily accessible bayfront, beaches and parks draw thousands to the District annually.
- More than 75 public art installations, murals, sculptures and state historic markers enriching the visitor experience and highlighting our culture and history.
- More than 30 artist studios and collective spaces.
- 2 yacht clubs that attract sailing and water sports events.
Be sure to visit each of our Downtown neighborhoods and explore Corpus Christi’s local culture and urban coastal lifestyle!
Corpus Christi Downtown Management District.
Downtown Corpus Christi is managed by the Corpus Christi Downtown Management District (DMD). Established in 1993, it is a professional entity put in place to represent property owners and stakeholders within the area bounded by Kinney Street to I-37, and Lower Broadway to the Corpus Christi Marina L and T-Heads. In 2013, the property owners voted to renew the district through 2023.The Corpus Christi Downtown Management District (DMD) is the organization that manages the Marina Arts District. DMD, established in 1993, is a professional Downtown Management District representing property owners and stakeholders within the area bounded by Kinney Street to I-37, and Lower Broadway to the Corpus Christi Marina L and T-Heads. In 2013, the property owners voted to renew the district through 2023.