Mayor’s Battle of the Bulbs Sponsored by NEC Co-op Energy
Use the map below to find all the festive decorations around Downtown Corpus Christi, then vote for your favorite starting on December 1st on the Downtown Corpus Christi Facebook Page!
- Art Center of Corpus Christi
- Black Tie Roses
- Chels Marie Boutique
- Executive Surf Club
- Furman Plaza
- Gignac Architects
- The Gold Fish
- House of Rock
- K Space
- Lucy’s Snack Bar
- Mully’s Irish
- Omni Hotel
- One Shoreline Plaza
- Rebel Toad
- Richline Technical Services
- Shook Enterprises
- Taylor Cravey
- The Exchange
- Water Street Oyster Bar
The Downtown Management District is committed to creating a safe and enjoyable experience in Downtown Corpus Christi for all during the 2020 holiday season. While we may not have the ability to congregate the way we are used to, that is no reason not to get in the holiday spirit. This year, the DMD is committed to transforming downtown into a winter wonderland everyone can enjoy, with CASH PRIZES available for participants!
- Registration opens online on Monday, August 17th.
- Registration closes Monday, November 16th.
- Decorations must be displayed by Saturday, November 28th (NEW DATE!) at 5 pm.
- Judging will take place on Friday, December 4th.
- Trophies will be awarded at the first City Council meeting in 2021.
- All participants must submit a registration form.
- Decoration must include the exterior of the building except for storefront windows viewable from the sidewalk.
- Participants in the Best Window – Paint category must use lights to display paint. The display should be visible from the street at night.
- Businesses must keep their lights on throughout the holiday season to be eligible.
- Lights should be turned on no later than 5 pm every evening.
- Participants can only win one cash prize.
- Best Overall – Holiday Champion
- Best Use of Lights
- Best Big Building
- Best Window: Display
- Best Window: Lights
- People’s Choice
- 1st Place Holiday Champion – $1,500
- 2nd Place Holiday Champion – $750
- 1st Place People’s Choice – $500
*Participants can only win one cash prize.
Click here for printable program requirements and registration form.