Mayor’s Battle of the Bulbs
The Downtown Management District is committed to creating a safe and enjoyable experience in Downtown Corpus Christi for all during the 2020 holiday season. While we may not have the ability to congregate the way we are used to, that is no reason not to get in the holiday spirit. This year, the DMD is committed to transforming downtown into a winter wonderland everyone can enjoy, with CASH PRIZES available for participants!
- Registration opens online on Monday, August 17th.
- Registration closes Monday, November 16th.
- Decorations must be displayed by Saturday, November 21st at 5 pm.
- Judging will take place in December, date TBD.
- Trophies will be awarded at the first City Council meeting in 2021.
- All participants must submit a registration form.
- Decoration must include the exterior of the building except for storefront windows viewable from the sidewalk.
- Participants in the Best Window – Paint category must use lights to display paint. The display should be visible from the street at night.
- Businesses must keep their lights on throughout the holiday season to be eligible.
- Lights should be turned on no later than 5 pm every evening.
- Participants can only win one cash prize.
- Best Overall – Holiday Champion
- Best Use of Lights
- Best Big Building
- Best Window: Display
- Best Window: Lights
- People’s Choice
- 1st Place Holiday Champion – $1,500
- 2nd Place Holiday Champion – $750
- 1st Place People’s Choice – $500
*Participants can only win one cash prize.
Click here for printable program requirements and registration form.